Jun 16, 2014
Spotlight Recipe: Caprese Salad
A (lighter) taste of Italy.
This isn’t really a recipe so much as it is an idea. Use as much or as little of each ingredient as you want, (with the exception of cheese) to get the perfect combination of deliciousness for you.
- 2 chicken breasts
- ¾ cup cubed fresh mozzerella
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 4 cups crispy romaine lettuce
- 1 avocado
- Fresh torn basil
- 2 cups balsamic vinegar
- Balsamic reduction- Make ahead of time or allow for the 10 minute cook time. Simply place balsamic vinegar in a sauce pan and bring to a low boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat to a simmer, and continually stir the vinegar for about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and let it cool, store in refrigerator in airtight container. Allow to come to room temperature before using.
- Season chicken breasts lightly with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Sautee on medium-high heat in 1 tbsp of olive oil until cooked through and golden. (about 5 minutes each side).
Add chicken, tomatoes, cubed avocado, mozzarella and as much basil as you like over top of your romaine. Drizzle with your pre-made balsamic reduction. Toss, and enjoy!